Saturday, October 8, 2011

Whoopsy!

Someone got a little busy and neglected her blog. And, in an attempt to be coy, she started her blog by speaking in the third person. Okay, fine, I'll quit it.

Most of you have probably kept up with my goings-on through Facebook or Twitter, but just in case you haven't, I'll give you an update. Are you ready? Good.

1) I've inadvertently started a side-business. I started making scarves back in January, and I had a few orders for those. Other than one large order, the orders were kind of hit or miss. This summer, I started making Oklahoma Pillows. Oh, Oklahoma, how you've been good. After a special order from a good friend, and a tweet heard around the world (or state, whatever), orders started coming in by the dozens. Before I knew it, the pillows were available at Collected Thread in OKC and at The Art House in Tulsa. Now I have an Etsy shop, and I'm loving every minute of it! And then today I received the next bit of good news - I will be an artist at the Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar on December 10th! So between stocking up for all of those shops and now the craft show, I'm surrounded by big, fluffy Oklahoma pillows.

2) I'm about to graduate. And it feels, like, woah. I began grad school in July of 2009 and on December 16th, I'll walk across the stage with my Masters in Public Administration. Cap, gown, and now... a hood. What the heck is a hood, and why is it important? I have no clue. All I know is that I'm so happy they also attached instructions on how to wear it because that thing is NOT easy to figure out. Unfortunately, they don't just give you a degree after 2 years of enrolling. In fact, I did have to take a few classes. Okay, a lot of classes. And now I know a lot of stuff I didn't know before. Guess that's what school is all about. One. last. paper. And then I'll be done!

3) One of my best friends had a baby!! Welcome to the world, little Hollan Iris Lambert! Read more about Joanna's journey here. She's going to be such a great mom, and I'm excited to finally be "Aunt Marek"!

So, that's about all there is to know. Everything else is going well!

1 comment:

joanna said...

Oh, mare-bear... how I love you. I am SO pumped for your graduation! You have worked so hard and deserve this happiness. You're going to be such a great Master!