Sunday, December 11, 2011

Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar Wrap Up

Photo by Liz Dueweke
Well kids, my first craft show was a success! Here are some of the highlights from the Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar.

You all know that, leading up to the show, I was scrambling like a mad woman to complete my inventory. The day of the show was well worth all of that work! I arrived (with a crew in tow - thanks Nichole, Casey and mom!!) at 9AM ready to set up. I had no clue why I would need 2 full hours to set up my booth, but I'm so glad I did. We were working all the way up to 10:45AM! Once I was set up and everyone else was, as well, I made my way around the Centennial Building. (Please note that that was the first time I have spelled Centennial correctly without using spell check. It's impossible!) The sheer talent of the other Deluxe Artists blew me away! So many amazing things and creative ideas. I was certainly inspired by them!

Once the show got rolling, I got busy working in a way I wasn't used to. You see, I've never done retail before. I was trying to find that perfect balance of letting people browse but also letting them know that I could do custom orders. Not the easiest line to walk, that's for sure. It was a 10' by 10' booth, and it's easy to crowd them without even noticing. Luckily, I had mi madre there to help! That woman is a pro. She persuaded anyone who was on the fence! Casey was also there to support me. He had some fresh ideas as to how to market my pillows. Every time he walked around he'd take a pillow with him, hoping a few people would catch a glimpse and ask where he got it. Also, he was wearing a santa hat and participated in a breakdance competition. So, there's that.

Casey, doing something fancy

I had several friends come by! Thank you to all of you who were able to make it yesterday. It was so nice to see your smiling faces!! I was even surprised by my dad! He wasn't going to be able to make it, but he ended up coming down from Pawnee to show his support! He's an old hat experienced salesman and does his own trade show every year. He and my mom had a great time being ridiculous, like this -

That's not how you wear an infinity scarf!
Thank you to everyone who was able to make it out! I know there were a few of you who weren't able to make it, and I appreciate all of your sweet messages :)

Now... when's the next show. I need to start getting ready.

4 comments:

JDStar said...

Sounds like you had an excellent day! I'm so glad you've shared your experience here.
~JD

Marek's Musings said...

Thanks, JD. It was a fantastic show!

Melissa Madewell said...

Your booth was beautiful and your stuff was amazing!

Marek's Musings said...

Thanks, Melissa! That's so sweet :)