Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Too bored Tuesday

I've recently come to the realization that I can't just relax. I can't sit on the couch and watch Gossip Girl CNN without doing something at the same time.

As an aside: My DVR is sort of a to-do list for me. I see that I have 52% of my DVR box space full, and I nearly go into a panic. I get more comfortable if it's around 20%, but it shouldn't ever be lower than 5% (what will I do if I get completely caught up and there's nothing on TV!?!). I'm very choosy about these things.


Crocheting has fulfilled my need of not being completely useless while watch the ol' boob tube (I feel icky just saying that, by the way). So when I saw this blog post about a knotted headband, I knew it was something quick I could whip up in an evening. In fact, they were so easy to make that I made 2!

But I didn't stop there. I still had time to clear the DVR a little before heading to bed, so I threw together a ring. Now, as you've come to notice, I occasionally come up with ideas, but most of the time I have some serious inspiration in the form of other crafty friends. Case in point, Shayla's ring that I saw this weekend. (Shayla is the type who comes up with these things on her own. Because she's awesome.) She had a ring with two fabric-covered buttons. Adorable? Yes. Doable? Absolutely! So I grabbed a ring base at Hobby Lobby, found a button I liked, and I hot glued that sucka!

Speaking of hot glue, I did some major damage to my pointer finger last night. I'm working on a wreath (pictures to come soon), and I had to hot clue the thing back together after it had broken. You know what happens when hot glue drips on your dining room table? You try to wipe it off of your dining room table. You know what happens then? You burn your finger. Like an idiot.

1 comment:

♡Shayla♡ said...

I LOVE IT! i love it even more because it LOOKS like a button! what a revelation! button rings that look like button rings!

:) gorgeous babeh.