Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring

Nothing impacts me more than the written word.

Last year, I received an email from The Decemberists. I'm positive they only sent the email to me because I'm, you know, so important. Anyhow, I love they can place words together in such a way that inevitably makes me swoon. Around this time last year, I received this:

"It's getting to be that time: the bulbs are hatching, the robins are skulking the back yard. Spring, while not necessarily being in the air itself, is loitering in the distance, stooping to tie its shoes in an annoyingly transparent attempt at stalling the inevitable."

For some reason, that quote really stuck with me. This weekend, I noticed the tulips I planted last Spring are started to pop, and there was a robin in my yard this morning. Spring is getting closer, y'all.

No comments: