Saturday, December 3, 2011

Continuing to Keep It Local

There are certain things I think of when trying to Keep It Local. Collected Thread, Full Circle Books, Shop GOOD. Pretty much every place I went while Christmas shopping last weekend. They are stores where the locals go. And, unfortunately, most locals don't know about some of these gems, but I digress.


Today, I felt a little bit of shame. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, but there are some really great shops that locals don't go - the shops at our museums. I was walking through the OKC Museum of Art today, and it occurred to me that I should look for one of the few presents I have left to purchase. And, let me tell you, there were some amazing pieces in there. And, there are several that are Oklahoma or OKC themed!

Shameless/shameful moment: This revelation should have come to me a couple of months ago. When I dropped off some Oklahoma pillows to the Oklahoma Heritage Museum for them to sell, I perused their store. So many locally-made items!

So, while you're out and about and looking for great finds, don't forget about these stores, too!

No comments: