Friday, December 2, 2011

Saying No... to Christmas decorating?


Last year's Christmas Tree
If you know me at all, you know my affinity for the Christmas holiday. I love to pull the Christmas tree down from my attic and set it up. I love making a new wreath every year. I love calling my boyfriend to make him come over to the house and put the lights on my house.  However, this year it's not going to happen. That is, unless there are Christmas elves who are dying to come over to help.

You see, my living room is filled with boxes of pillows, bags of stuffing and bottles of craft paint. My ironing board is a permanent fixture in my living room. There is a 3ft. by 4ft. cork board taking up the majority of space on my guest bed. My sewing machine and laptop rest nicely next to each other on my dining room table. I would post a picture of all of this if it weren't so embarrassing. My house is now Santa's workshop. And please don't get me wrong. I love every single minute of it. I take pride in every thing I create, and I know that the recipient is (hopefully) going to be happy. It's just a beast I can no longer contain.

If anyone has any ideas on how to reign it in, let me know. Otherwise, I will accept your pity and your offer to buy me my own studio space.

Jingle jangle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you find the staple gun yet? :)

Marek's Musings said...

Soon, babe. Soon.