Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Resolutions - how'd they go?

"Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed." - Robert Cavett
Boy, did I have some hefty resolutions for 2011. I'm happy to report that I succeeded in accomplishing at least part of all of my 2011 resolutions. Here's how it all shook out.

Resolution Numero Uno - "My biggest dream is for my dog to not be an ass."
 I didn't check in to obedience training. I didn't do anything spectacular at all. Really, all I did was let the puppy grow up. He's at 2 1/2 years now, and he's finally grown out of his ornery stage. He still loves to lick, but he's really just a sweet boy now.

Resolution Number 2 - "Someday I'd like to be able to set up my own Etsy shop"
Done. 

Resolution Numéro Trois - "I'm going to set a goal of running/walking 10 miles a week in January with cross-training at Barre3."
Whoopsy. I ran probably 10 times the entire year, and only went to Barre 3 about 5. Maybe this is something I'll roll over to 2012.

Resolution Nummer Vier - "I'm gettin' my passport stamped this year!"
I even walked in on a French guy using the restroom in the speed train while going from Segovia to Madrid.

Resolution 第五号 - "Good girlfriends can impact one's life in such a great way. These friendships have really grown over the past year, and I'm excited to see how much more they grow over 2011."
I love my girls. I've spent the last year making so many memories with these lovely ladies!

Resolution Numero Kuusi - Make a budget (and stick to it)
So... about that. I waited approximately 11 months to start this resolution. However, I actually developed a budget and followed through with everything for the entire month of December. I'll post more about that soon.

Resolution број седум - "I'm going to purposefully study for my classes this year."
Graduate, Masters of Public Administration, December 2011.

No comments: